Saturday, May 23, 2009

Iroqouis Nation



False Society Masks

http://www.mce.k12tn.net/indians/reports1/iroquois2.htm

In this website,there are many different information about Iroquois .Itis easy to understand,I think the website is very good to me.
In this website I learn that the Iroquois tribe men often go to hunt.They usually hunt dears.Boys join the men to hunt after they killed a deer by themselves.It is a costum.I also found out that the Iroquois' food is corn cakes.I think the food is very particular.
In their festivals,they used drum and rattles to play the music.Rattles were made by gourds and turtle shells.They have six festivals are all thank to the good spirits for health, clothes, food, and happiness.
I know that the tribe's women are more powerful then men.They are own the properties and choose the chief of the tribes.

http://www.mohawktribe.com/

In this website,it is difficult to read.There are many details and words that I can't understand,but still I read them all.
In this website there are many information about Mohawk tribe,I know that Algonquin this tribe gave this tribe a name Mohawk.So after,every tribes and other foreign people called this tribe Mohawk.I think why people give this tribe a new name,because the name of before was to difficult to say.
There are also some introduction about six tribes,historical documents and Iroquois Constitution to let people more understand the tribes of Indians.
I know that Mohawk had a cooperation with British and killed other tribes and be the most powerful tribe in East.(There are no pictures in this website)
http://www.moha
wktribe.com/theyebdabegea.htm


In this website there are many detilas about the Mohawk leader-Joseph Bran.He sided with the British in the Revolutionary War.
I learned that him took his first scalp when he was thirteen years old.He learned in white schools.Be the protégé of Sir William Johnson.He translated the new Testament into his own tribe language.His sister married with William Johnson.Joseph visited went to England in 1776.His grandfather also was a Mohawk chief who went to England by the British to meet Queen Anne.




Theyebdabegea-the Mohawk's chief

1 comment:

Savant English School said...

Cool beans. Everyone did the same sites, but otherwise this is great.